Monday, September 28, 2009

Sense of Joy

"Miss please dont go"
"No Children, I need to leave.Now go have your food"
"No Miss. Please dont leave. You can have rice and sambar with us. Then you tell us another story"


These were the dialogues between kids and me on last saturday when I was about to leave the school. I was feeling very happy. Only such moments can give one a sense of satisfaction. I was truly happy for two reasons.First that I had built good bonding with kids within a short period of time and second I had finally discovered teaching method that kids as well as I enjoyed.


From the day I Joined RIF ,I have tried all methods and techniques to make my teaching effective. Few of my friends have tried too. But nothing seemed to work fine. We were clueless with two hours that we get in a week how would we teach kids effecively. From past two weeks I'm glad that kids are learning whatever taught as well as enjoying. Thanks to teachers of Chikkalsandra Govt school. headmistress of the school guided me. At first I was doubtful about the possiblity but I thought let me give a try and result was splendid.


I have started communicating with kids in english. At first they wont follow. I translate it for once. Then I tried to communicate the same words over and over with action. More than writing or making them to read,teaching through actions works fine.


I'm not sure why am I writing this blog. May be its the sense of joy or satisfaction that I experienced. I'm eager to meet the kids coming saturday and I'm sure even kids will be eager to meet me..

7 comments:

Netra said...

Thats beautiful! :)

Nothing more can make one happy than this feeling! We are blessed to have this oppurtunity to meet the kids and derive motivation and joy from them! :)

Cheers,
Netra

lostworld said...

Oh you are but a superb teacher Shobha !! :)

Kids obviously learn a lot from you.
Well done!

Shobha said...

@Netra ;Kids were asking for drawing teacher last week :-)

They were missing your drawings...They asked me to draw...Drawing and me miles apart.

@Rohitha: Thanks a ton..You made my day :-)

Viju said...

this should inspire other volunteers to teach..and understand that teaching is not so difficult :-)

JO said...

That's great! I know you have been a very good teacher from the times you were taking tutions for kids :)

Cheers,
Jyothi

CAN YOU HELP ME :-) said...

Hey that's splendid......!


First of all i would like to congratulate you with an applause, for your begining step to teach.Don't worry it's so easy,

1> You begin with an inaugaral smile pointing your face towards the nook and corner of the class area.

2> Try to be as humourous as possible,bcoz kids are easily prone to remember joyous moments in the class.

3> Convey your message about what you want to teach blended in humour,so that they catch the message with their mind.

4> Never let the kids to know that they are being taught,but you give the information in such a way they can learn.

5> While writing on the board make a deliberate mistake and observe the kids whether they could find out the mistake,then appreciate them if they find that mistake.Then you correct that mistake humourously.

You follow these 5 steps and see the SATISFACTORY INTERACTION which brings lot of joyous moments and good intimacy while teaching.


Keep it up.....!

Best of luck....!

GOOD WORDS ARE MUCH SHARPER THAN SWORDS.

GOOD MORNING TEACHER.......!

Shobha said...

@Viju: Hopefully it motivates more and more volunteers to take up teaching.

@Jo;Thanks Jo. You are not less though

@Murali: Thanks for all your suggestions. Nice...Only minds like yours can guide us. Keeping sailing us through

web counter code